Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Finger Food!
Our family was all over the place during the week, but every sunday night for as long as I was living at home, and even for a little bit after I moved out, we came together every sunday night to have "Family Night". My dad would make some king of 'finger food'- like fish sticks or nachos or pizza, something that you don't need silverwear for, and we would talk about our week with each other. Then one of us would read out-loud from the Bible or we would watch a home movie, or play a board game or something, and at the end we would talk about what we were having trouble with in our life and then we would pray for the person on our right. It really brought our family close together and its something that I am going to do with my family when I have one. It wasn't always something that I like to do, often times I would get bored and wish it would be over, but it helped to forge such a wonderful relationship with my family that, looking back on it now, I wouldn't change a thing. Now whenever I'm hanging out with friends and we have 'finger food' it makes me think of "Family Nights" and the love my family has for each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice! The food is an excuse for the togetherness. Sounds like a great tradition.
Ya the cosmetology program is part of EvCC!! Is she starting in the fall?? It's a great program and i've had lots of fun so far!!
Post a Comment